Dog Friendly Christmas Dog Treat Recipes
Make your pooch some tasty dog treats this Christmas with our dog friendly recipes which will have your dog begging for more...
Peanut Butter & Carob Christmas Tree Dog Treat Recipe
- 1 egg
- 4 tbsp peanut butter (xylitol free)
- 4 tbsp carob powder
- 130g whole what flour
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Combine egg, peanut butter, carob, (splash of water if needed) & any dog friendly extras you want to add in a mixing bowl.
- Slowly add the flour, mixing into a sticky dough
- Roll out & then cut into desired shapes, and place on a lined baking tray.
- Bake for approximately 10-15 minutes. (Cooking time will vary with shape/size, so keep an eye on the oven)
- Cool before serving
Dog Ginger Bread Cookies Recipe
- 380g whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 8 tbsp of runny organic honey
- Splash of warm water
- Splash of light olive oil or flaxseed oil
- Preheat oven to 160°C
- In a large bowl, mix together the flour, ginger, & cinnamon until combined.
- In a small bowl, using a sturdy spoon, stir together the honey, water & oil.
- Pour the mixture into the flour.
- Using the same sturdy spoon, stir ingredients until thoroughly combined.
- Roll out the dough to about 1/2 an inch thickness.
- Use your favourite cookie cutters to cut shapes or hand shape.
- Place your cookies on lined baking tray
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Cool completely on a wire rack before feeding.
Snowflake Christmas Dog Biscuits Recipe
- 170g rice flour
- 2 free range eggs
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp organic honey
- Preheat oven to 175°C
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Whisk eggs, vegetable oil and honey in a bowl.
- Add the rice flour to the wet ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
- Roll dough onto a floured surface to approximately 1/4 inch thickness.
- Using a snowflake cookie cutter, cut out the cookies and place on lined baking tray. Repeat until dough is finished.
- Bake cookies for approximately 15 minutes or until golden.
- Place on baking rack to cool.