Dog Friendly Easter Egg Recipes!
Easter is a time for loved ones and every year we celebrate by hunting hidden chocolate eggs all over the house and garden! This year, we wanted to get our four-legged besties involved, which is why we've put together a quick and easy recipe for Doggy Easter Eggs. That way they can join in on all the fun and have an egg-cellent time...
Be warned! The smell of you making these Dog Friendly Easter eggs will most certainly have your woof following you around the kitchen and having a good old sniff and tail wag.
It's simple, all you need is the following...
- 140g of coconut oil
- 140g of xylitol-free peanut butter
- Optional extras for crunch and flavour! We recommend carrots, apple chunks, or your pooches favourite treats you already have stashed in the house!
- An egg-shaped mould or an ice tray! (I'm sure your dog won't mind about presentation)...
- Firstly add the peanut butter and coconut oil to a bowl
- Place it in the microwave for 30 seconds, stir, and go again for another 30 seconds until completely melted
- Stir the mixture thoroughly and pour it into your moulds or ice cube tray
- Time for the extras! Add in your woofs favourite treats or a piece of carrot for a crunchy and tasty surprise
- Place your ice tray/mould in the fridge for roughly 2 hours or at least until the eggs are hardened
- Once solid, carefully take your homemade dog-friendly easter eggs out and get them hidden!
Top tips - Don't let your pooch have a sneak peek! That's too easy. You want to really test their sense of smell!
If you need some ideas, check out these additional extras you can add to the mix!
Ensure you check the ingredients of any optional extras you're adding in, just in case your pup has allergies. Don't forget to only give your dog these in moderation, and perhaps even reduce their dinner size to keep them happy and healthy. You can also get creative and use ingredients you know your dog can have and will enjoy.
We hope your woofers and you have a very Happy Easter!