Make A Dog Friendly Christmas Dinner
We all love to include our dogs in the Christmas day festivities, and letting them have their own Christmas dinner is always top of the list. But, we also want to ensure we keep their tummies healthy and happy too.
Below we've made a list of dog-friendly ideas for doggy Christmas Dinner recipe ideas, even one for non poultry eaters.
Alternatively, Forthglade have created a 12 Meals of Christmas dog food variety box, packed full of nutritious festive meals - plus, it's 15% off for a limited time.
Christmas Dinner For Dogs
- 100g turkey, roasted - no skin or bones
- 40g canned salmon, drained
- 350g potatoes, boiled or mashed (plain)
- 50g Brussel sprouts, boiled
- 50g carrots, raw or boiled
- 1 tbsp cranberry sauce
- 6 tbsp giblet stock
- Simply mix the prepared ingredients together
- Let it cool
- Place in dog bowl - enjoy!
Turkey and Rice Dinner - Big Batch
- 450g turkey mince
- 400g brown rice
- 450g of veggies (we used cauliflower, broccoli, carrot blend)
- 1L water
- 1 tsp rosemary
- Add the water, rice, turkey and rosemary to a large pot and stir to break up the meat
- Bring to the boil over a high heat
- Once boiling, reduce to a low heat and simmer for 20 mins
- Add the veggies and cook for a further 5 mins
- Cool before serving
- Save the rest for boxing day!
For A Poultry-Free Diet
- 450g of low-fat beef mince
- 1 large diced potato
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 130g frozen peas
- 1 carrot
- Cook the beef mince in a large pan
- Stir in the coconut oil
- Add in the carrots and the potatoes
- Add water to ensure the veggies are covered
- Bring to the boil then simmer for 20 mins
- Add the peas and cook for a further 10 mins
- Cool and serve
Always consult your vet before feeding to any dogs with health issues.