Dog Friendly Pizza Recipes!
It's National Pizza Day (The best day ever)! We wanted to celebrate by sharing some dog-friendly Pizza recipes, and tips on how to make the pawfect pizza, so your woofer can grab a slice of the action!
Before we get into making the pawfect, pup-friendly pizza for your woof, here are some of the benefits to creating food from scratch for your pooch...
- You can meet special dietary requirements
- You can source fresh, local ingredients
- The ability to make healthier, more pet-friendly versions of the hooman food your pets dribble at when you’re at the table!
Whatever your reason for cooking food from scratch for your dog, the gesture shows that you think of your woofer as more than just a pet. You think of your pet as a member of the family who deserves nutritious, safe food.
When making a pizza for your pooch, we recommend you keep the following in mind:
- Keep it small, no matter how hungry your woofer is or tells you…
- Choose some lean cuts of meat, giving your dogs the protein they need. Perhaps Tuna, Salmon, or chicken.
- Add dog safe toppings, so avoid garlic, onions, and the questionable tomatoes. Use some cooked, mashed up vegetables as the base
- Limit the cheese. Or avoid cheese completely.
When it comes to the crust, like humans, woofs have a sensitivity to gluten. Most dogs can have gluten, however, if you feed your dog a gluten-free diet, we recommend you stick to that when making the base.
This simple recipe is the perfect solution for your dog-friendly pizza.
- ½ a cup of rice or coconut flour
- 1 tablespoon of flaxseed
- 1 teaspoon of gluten-free baking powder
- 1 cup of unsalted chicken broth
- 1 egg
The most important part of a pizza is of course the toppings! Here are some pup-friendly topping ideas to get you started:
- Lean meats including turkey, chicken, and tuna
- Shredded carrots
- Mashed sweet potatoes
- Cooked cauliflower
- Cooked broccoli
A happy woofer. Just like Rex here... Grab a slice today and join us in celebrating National Pizza day!