Dog Friendly Pancake Recipe!
We all know that breakfast is the most important meal of the day. We also know that it’s very likely your pooch wakes you up at the crack of dawn for breaky every morning! In the spirit of pancake day, and because, well… pancakes are flipping delicious, we thought we would share a woof-friendly pancake recipe with you.
Please accept our sincerest apologies in advance if your dog now wakes you up EVEN earlier… These pup-pancakes are super easy to prep. Here’s all you need to get going:
The smell of the ingredients will no doubt get your pooch running to the kitchen!
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1⁄2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbs sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp butter, melted
- Dog bone cookie cutter (metal)
- Cooking spray
Now you have the ingredients, it's time to get going with the method. This will take no more than 10-15 minutes, just like the time it will take your pooch to eat the pancakes right?!...
- Mix together dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Pour milk, butter, and egg into the center of the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Heat griddle to 375 degrees (medium-high).
- Spray cookie cutter with cooking spray and place on griddle.
- Pour in just enough pancake batter to cover the inside of the cookie cutter.
- Carefully remove the cookie cutter before flipping pancakes.
All that's left is the toppings. We recommend keeping the pancakes plain, however, you can add a splash of peanut butter or a few pieces of banana. You could even try adding Billy & Margot - Apple, Banana & Carrot Biscuits for an extra crunch! You could also add carrots, tuna, or even gravy, I'm sure your pooch won’t mind!...
Happy Puppy Pancake Day!... "Can I start now"...